Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Widespread Wednesday - 8.29.12


 Happy Mid-Week to everyone!  Not a lot going on in the Lake Country this week.  I was a nervous wreck that the hurricane Issac was going to rain out football for the first part of the week, because of the predicted path.  But I fortunately for us the storm missed Georgia but we are all thinking about the citizens of New Orleans.  Also, I have been watching a lot of the RNC.  I have never been a political person, but I guess this is my time to make a difference.  I will be voting in my first election (minus the primary) for President.  I LOVE America and I hope that watching the RNC it will all come together for me with what I feel that American needs int he next four years.  Oh and I do think that Mrs. Romney was an amazing speaker last night.  Her speech had me thinking a lot and I was glad that it was from the heart and not from the prompter.   

THE BIGGEST THING I AM WILD ABOUT IS!!!  COLLEGE FOOTBALL!!!

For all of us who are college football lovers T-minus 3 days until Saturday!!  This week has been all about football for me.  From the crafts that I have been working on at the house to planning my menu that we will be serving Saturday Afternoon. I didn't think that this weekend was ever going to make it.  We have all be talking about football season since January planning out who was going to park where and what times we were going to meet up.  Bryan and I are also extra excited because we will be attending a football game almost every weekend this fall, except the first weekend in October.  I guess that is what happens when you have season tickets to both of your "Schools".     We both have lots to do and get done before the season officially kicks into full gear and we are still planning on what away games we can attend this year for both Georgia Southern and UGA.

 

I am hoping that I do not get to burnt out this season with everything that will be going on.  I love tailgating with my GSU friends and sitting in cheering on the Eagles with 20,000 of my closest friends at the stadium for 6 Saturdays in Statesboro and a handful more in Athens. 

Football Season is my favorite time of year.  I love how our group has changed from 5 sorority girls parking in the rac and bring subway to eat with our fancy drinks to how our group has expanded with new friends we have met along the way to new boyfriends, husband, and children.  I look forward to many more years tailgating with my friends and family.

Now that you know how I cheer on my team, how do you cheer on your team!?!  Hope Wednesday treats everyone good!

Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment