Thursday, September 13, 2012

If I had a Million Dollars (or more)....


So this morning after getting Bryan off to work at 5am I couldn't fall back asleep. I ended up laying in bed, listening to the loud crickets chirping in my backyard of a jungle and thinking "damn it would be nice to win the lottery". Then I got to thinking about that show I have seen about people who go broke after winning the "JACKPOT". Immediately thought that would never be me and how dumb can you be to go broke after winning 500+million dollars and I would still work (because I know myself and would be bored) and with my paycheck have the boss-man donate it to the local boys and girls club and or food bank in town, because hopefully I would not need it!
Then I thought: what would I do if I won 250 million:
  • Put more 150 million of it in savings, for the next 10 generations of family members that may be off-spring to me (god willing)
  • 50 million give to local organizations and St. Jude, Catholic Charities and anything that has to do with helping children get better from life changing illness.
    • now that leaves me with 50 million to play with!!
      • Pay off my house that I live in now and up-grade to a 4 bedroom 4 bathroom house (nothing extravagant just maybe family ready)
        • Buy a new car for me. Poor Justin would have to leave or just get a separate garage for him to stay cool in
        • Buy a new truck for Bryan: exactly what he wants, it doesn’t matter as long as he is in his “price range”
      • Pay off my brothers house and car and of course throw him a little cash too
      • Give my parents money to play with: I mean hell they don’t have any debt themselves and they put my brother and I through college for 6 years each without us having to take out any loans.... they deserve some play money
      • GO ON A FAMILY VACATION!!
      • For my closest friends: Give them a million(ish) dollars, they can either pay off their school loans, buy or pay off their houses and or save it for a rainy day.
      • For another one of my very good friends: pay off all her medical bills and then some (1 million+ and counting).
      • With anything left in that 50 million set it aside for a “rainy day” or donate more to local area
I am sure that my there are way more things that I would like to do. But the biggest is to make sure that my and my family and future generations are set up so that they do not have to worry about money or college in the future. I am sure that some more things would be bought besides a new house and car, but those are the most important items. I am so blessed to have my job, not in debt, and a loving family it already feels like I have won the jack-pot.  I guess I can either keep dreaming or actually go out and buy a few tickets when the jackpot gets that large. 

What would you do with your lottery winnings?!


GO BIG OR GO HOME!
Laura

2 comments:

  1. You and I would have similar lists! This is such a cute post, of course, you need to let yourself have some kind of shopping spree for some clothes and fun stuff! haha.

    Newest follower...found you from the coast to coast bloggers! I'm a fellow Georgian--I live in Newnan and actually went to school at Armstrong in Saannah! Can't wait to get to know you more!

    Emily
    http://emilycarnes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Emily,

      Thank you for the follow! And as a new follower I am glad to know I am not the only "pumpkin crazy" person on there! My best friend went to Armstrong for her bachelors and masters and the campus is beautiful!! Can't wait to read more!

      Delete