So this morning after getting Bryan off to work at 5am I couldn't fall back asleep. I ended up laying in bed, listening to the loud crickets chirping in my backyard of a jungle and thinking "damn it would be nice to win the lottery". Then I got to thinking about that show I have seen about people who go broke after winning the "JACKPOT". Immediately thought that would never be me and how dumb can you be to go broke after winning 500+million dollars and I would still work (because I know myself and would be bored) and with my paycheck have the boss-man donate it to the local boys and girls club and or food bank in town, because hopefully I would not need it!
Then I thought: what would I do if I won 250 million:
- Put more 150 million of it in savings, for the next 10 generations of family members that may be off-spring to me (god willing)
- 50 million give to local organizations and St. Jude, Catholic Charities and anything that has to do with helping children get better from life changing illness.
- now that leaves me with 50 million to play with!!
- Pay off my house that I live in now and up-grade to a 4 bedroom 4 bathroom house (nothing extravagant just maybe family ready)
- Buy a new car for me. Poor Justin would have to leave or just get a separate garage for him to stay cool in
- Buy a new truck for Bryan: exactly what he wants, it doesn’t matter as long as he is in his “price range”
- Pay off my brothers house and car and of course throw him a little cash too
- Give my parents money to play with: I mean hell they don’t have any debt themselves and they put my brother and I through college for 6 years each without us having to take out any loans.... they deserve some play money
- GO ON A FAMILY VACATION!!
- For my closest friends: Give them a million(ish) dollars, they can either pay off their school loans, buy or pay off their houses and or save it for a rainy day.
- For another one of my very good friends: pay off all her medical bills and then some (1 million+ and counting).
- With anything left in that 50 million set it aside for a “rainy day” or donate more to local area
What would you do with your lottery winnings?!
GO BIG OR GO HOME!